Khyber Teaching Hospital MTI
Paeds Surgery Department
|OPD||Mon / Tues / Wed / Thurs / Fri||8:OOAM to 4:OOPM|
|IBP||Monday to Friday||4:OOPM to 8:OOPM|
Pediatric Surgery is a sub-specialty of surgery. It involves surgery on neonates, Infants, Toddlers and young children. It caters the age group from zero-day life to the age of 13 years. The development of sub-specialties in the Pediatric Surgery has given a new horizon in the pediatric patient care. The Intrauterine interventions have been considered in severe bilateral Hydronephrosis, Bilateral Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernias and Severe Hydrocephalus.
Pediatric Surgery is a tertiary level field with very limited number of centers across the globe. Our patient-centered surgical practice involves not only general abdominal, thoracic and urologic procedures in all patients under 15 years of age but also the management of very rare complicated congenital anomalies that need long term follow-up. As one of the only few functional Pediatric Surgical units, the unit receives patients from whole of the province and our team try their best to dispense state of the art surgical care in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures
- Advance reconstructive procedures for vesical and cloacal extrophy , genitoplasties for cases of disordered sexual development
- Conducting high clinical research studies to contribute to international pediatric surgery literature
- Creating a conducive academic environment for undergraduate and postgraduate training in field of neonatal and pediatric surgery
Paeds Surgery quality care
We are providing the following services
- Out-patient Services (OPD) two days a week
- In patient Department with a 30 beds Unit including 9 cots for surgical neonates
- Elective Surgeries two days a week
- Institution based practice by consultants
- 24/ 7 Emergency services including emergency surgeries
- Shared Neonatal and Pediatric ICU with Department of Pediatrics.