Khyber Teaching Hospital MTI
|PEDIATRIC UNIT||OPD DAYS||TIME|
|Paeds A Unit||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||8:OOAM to 4:OOPM|
|Paeds B Unit||Tuesday/Thursday||8:OOAM to 4:OOPM|
|Nursery||Wednesday||8:OOAM to 4:OOPM|
Department of Child Health, MTI KTH is a 129 bedded department and was established in May 1974, offering quality services to the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan.
Pediatrics is a branch of Medicine Dealing with health and Medical Care of Infants, Children and adolescents from birth up to the age of 18 years.
The word “Pediatrics” means the healers of Children.
Pediatrics is a relatively new Medical Specialty developing only in mid-19th Century. A Pediatrician is a child physician who provides not only the medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill but also preventive health services for healthy children.
Pediatrics is different from adult medicines in more ways than one, the smaller body of an infant or neonate or a child is substantially different physiologically from that of an adult, so treating children is not like treating a miniature adult. Congenital defects, genetic variance and developmental issue are of greater concern to pediatricians than physicians treating adults
SERVICES AVAILABLE (24/7)
- Inpatients Services (Pediatric A & B Unit + Extension Unit & Neonatal Unit)
- Outpatients Services (OPD)
- Emergency Pediatric Services (EPS) (Triage Services + Functional Unit)
- Pediatric (PICU) & Neonatal Intensive Care Services (NICU)
- Infectious Disease Unit (IDU)
- Nutrition Rehabilitation Services (NRU)
- Diabetic & Endocrine Services on Monday
- Teaching opportunities for both under and post-graduate Student/ Trainees / Nutrition Students and Nursing Staff
- Neonatology Services are provided by the Faculty of Pediatric A & B Unit of the department on their emergency days
HUMAN RESOURCE (FACULTY)
The department of Pediatrics is composed of faculty members in different academic ranks which include Consultants, Registrars, Resident Trainees and Nutritionist.