Dr Muhammad Tariq acquired his MBBS degree from Khyber Medical College, Peshawar. He completed his internship from Khyber Teaching hospital, and subsequently, Residency in internal medicine from Hayatabad Medical Complex Peshawar from 2015-2017. He pursued his fellowship in medical oncology from Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi.
He remained Senior registrar at RMI , Peshawar and then joined Lady Reading Hospital ,Peshawar as Assistant Professor Oncology. He is an active part of surgical and urology tumor boards at KTH-MTI.
Dr Tariq remained best resident for medical oncology residency program at Aga Khan Hospital for the year 2019. He has various publications in peer reviewed journals with multiple case reports and poster presentations in various conferences. His proposal is accepted for Australia and Asia Pacific Oncology Research Development (ACORD) 2020. He remained an active member of JCIA task force and was also a member of quality & control in oncology department.
He moderated weekly general surgery tumor boards at AKUH. He also moderated a bladder cancer CME at AKUH and SMOP conference along with a talk on breast cancer awareness at JP coats Karachi.
Area of Expertise
- 1. Breast and Urogenital Cancer
- 2. Acute and chronic leukemia’s
- 3. Lymphomas
- 4. GI , Lung & Gynecological Cancers.
Awards & Honors
Best Resident Oncology Aga Khan Hospital 2019
- Munira Shabbir-Moosajee, Samad Jehangir, Tariq Muhammed. Safety and efficacy of bendamustine in the conditioning regimen for autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with relapsed/refractory lymphoma. Blood Res 2019; 54(2): 108-113.
- Primary Central Nervous System T-cell Lymphoma Associated With Hepatitis B and D Virus Coinfection, Saqib R. Khan, Muhammad Tariq, DOI: 10.7759/cureus.14394
- Pretreatment Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio in Head and neck cancers: Identifying a biomarker with prognostic significance-13th Health Sciences Research Assembly (HSRA). AKUH (2021)
- Recurrence free survival and patterns of recurrence in OSCC: An institutional perspective. 13th Health Sciences Research Assembly (HSRA). AKUH (2021)
- Outcomes of patients in Nodal VS extra nodal diffuse large B cell Lymphoma; an institutional perspective – International academy of clinical hematology (IACH- Sep; 2021).
- Lenalidomide induced secondary B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (B-cell ALL) in a multiple Myeloma patient – ASH-ALL2021 (May 07- May 09)
- Samad J, Munira M, Tariq M. A rare clinical presentation of Multiple Myeloma , 4th World Congress on Controversies in Multiple Myeloma (COMy) May 03-05 2018 , Paris, France.
- Samad J, Munira M, Tariq M, A rare clinical presentation of Systemic Anaplastic Large cell lymphoma, Annual Oncology Conference, Pakistan Society of Clinical Oncology April 2018.
- Synchronous tumor of the kidney having CDC and clear cell carcinoma, ESPC 2017 Dubai, UAE.
- A rare clinical presentation of Multiple Myeloma, Aga Khan University Hospital, Post Graduate Medical Education Annual Conference 2018.
- A rare case report on Cardiac Sarcoma, Aga Khan University Hospital, Post Graduate Medical Education Annual Conference 2018.
- A rare cutaneous manifestation of Systemic Anaplastic Large cell lymphoma, Aga Khan University Hospital, Post Graduate Medical Education Annual Conference 2018.
- A rare case report of paraganglioma of common bile duct, Aga Khan University Hospital, Post Graduate Medical Education Annual Conference 2018.
- Approval of abstract titled “Efficacy of L-Glutamine in chemo-radiation induced oral mucositis in patients with locally advanced Head and Neck Cancer” at ACORD, Australia 2020.
- Sattar BAKHSH, Barkat A. KHAN, Sardar ALAM, Muhammad TARIQ. Formulation, Development, Evaluation, and Characterization of Chitosan-PGAPEC Nanoparticles Containing Genistein. Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 35 (9): 1913-21 (2016).