Khyber Teaching Hospital MTI
|OPD||Mon / Tues / Wed / Thurs / Fri||8:OOAM to 4:OOPM|
|IBP||Monday to Friday||4:OOPM to 8:OOPM|
Department of Ophthalmology provides the latest and best diagnostic, clinical and surgical care for patients with eye problems. We have the aim to improve the health of our patients by providing the highest quality clinical and surgical care according to international standards. We train the next generation of Ophthalmologists through CPSP approved residents’ training program.
One should opt to choose our department for ophthalmic diseases’ management as we provide patient-centered care. This leads to health-related outcomes. Our patients and their families are more satisfied with our patient care experience.
We are providing the following services
- A specialized Pediatric and Adult Strabismus Service for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of misaligned eyes (strabismus).
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) Service: KTH is the only hospital in the whole province of KPK providing ROP Screening and Management services, for babies born prematurely, at the Department of Ophthalmology.
- A Pediatric Cataract Service: for pediatric cataract surgeries and visual rehabilitation according to international standards.
- A Retina Service: that is known for its expertise in evaluating and treating common and rare retinal diseases like retinal detachment, retinal venous and arterial occlusive diseases, degenerative retinal diseases using state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures, including electroretinogram (ERG) and visual evoked potential (VEP) testing.
- An Orthoptic Service: Our orthoptists work under the supervision of our pediatric ophthalmologists to perform measurements of strabismus and visual acuity in children.
- A Pediatric Optometry Service: to provide vision care specifically for patients with refractive errors.
- A Low Vision Service: that provides visual aids, including magnifiers and telescopes for patients with reduced vision.
- Glaucoma services: where medical and surgical management of different types of glaucoma are provided.
Slit lamps with teaching facilities, Ultrawide field imaging (OPTOS), Optical Coherence tomography (OCT), OCT Angiography (OCTA), Humphery Visual fields, Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA), electroretinogram (ERG) and visual evoked potential (VEP), B scan, IOL Master for intraocular lens power calculation, Hess Chart
PASCAL retinal Laser for managing patients with proliferative retinopathies like diabetic retinopathy, Nd: YAG laser for posterior capsulotomies and peripheral iridectomies, phacoemulsification machine for cataract surgery, endoscope for DCR in patients with persistent watering due to nasolacrimal duct obstruction, operating microscope with teaching facility, Pars plana Vitrectomy Machine for performing Vitrectomy in patients with retinal detachment.
We shape the future of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences by:
1. Delivering a comprehensive range of preventive, curative, rehabilitative and emergency eye care services
2. Educating and mentoring the next generation of ophthalmologists
3. Conducting high-impact research.
To be a health care leader in eye health by delivering world-class medical and surgical care, education and research.